Friday, September 12, 2014

Catching Up On Firsts

Crosby had a couple of firsts over the summer that didn't quite make it into a a blog post of their own but that I want to be sure and document on here.

First time in the highchair. 

Crosby loved sitting in his bumbo. We used that thing from around 3 months of age until he was about 10 months old. We don't have a kitchen table and we always sit at our bar to eat, so the bumbo was perfect for sitting him in to feed. When he was 6 months old, Lance and I went to an estate sale that had a beautiful wooden highchair that would've been just perfect. It was the old fashioned kind where the tray raises and lowers over their head and it was it really good condition. We stopped at the sale during a run and I thought I'd go back to get it. Needless to say I didn't and kept thinking I would find another. Much to my chagrin, I never did! Bummer. Any who, we got this highchair and Crosby is a pretty happy guy sitting between us every night at dinner. Here are some pics from the first time I put him in it:


 



We also took Crosby out on a boat for the first time. He loved the beach and really liked the pool, so I was optimistic that the lake would be enjoyable too. One thing that I didn't take into account: THE LIFE JACKET. What baby tolerates a life jackets?  Case in point:






I put it off for as long as Lance would let me: the first haircut. I love long hair whether its on me, gals, guys, kids or babies. Crosby's hair really grew this summer and it was getting in his eyes. Lance won that battle and I agreed to get it cut. One of my favorite people (hi, Kate!) made a house call one night to give Crosby his first cut. Kate has been my friend for a long time (the 90s!) and also does my hair and I was so grateful she came over for Crosby. We love you Kate!!

He wasn't into it at first, but then I turned on Baby Einstein on the iPad and he let Kate do her thing.











Cheers to more firsts!

Love,

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs