Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rocking

Life gets so busy. Even when you try to slow down. Our daily lives get so cluttered up with doing this and that and going here or there. We go to work and back, eat dinner, do chores, scurry around only to go to sleep, then wake up and do it all again. We worry, we fight, we love and we march on. Weeks fly by, weekends seem shorter and shorter and our thoughts seem centered on tomorrow, next week, in two weekends, and next month, all the while desperately trying to appreciate the present. Busy.

The other night, because his enzyme dose is loosing efficacy and he had a bad dirty diaper in the middle of the night, Crosby woke up and cried for me. After I changed him and got him calm, I rocked him. I rocked him for longer than usual. And ya'll, my mind was calm and the whole world and all it's business, fell to the distance.

Sure it was 3am and I was still half asleep. But in that moment, all I did was love him. 

I loved the way his hand reached up and he entangled his fat little fingers in my hair. I loved the way that his feet rested far down my legs and how that showed how much he has grown. I loved his warm little cheek pressed against my arm and his soft sighs as he fell back asleep, perfectly content in being close to his momma. I adored the way he smelled. I loved the heat coming from his little body. I loved feeling his heart beat and hearing him breath, in and out, in and out. I loved who he has been, who he is, and who he will become. I love my little dude so incredibly much and in that moment, that’s all I could think about.

So I closed my eyes. And on we rocked.



Love,

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs