Friday, August 29, 2014

$17,310.00

In contract speak, I would say: seventeen thousand three hundred and ten U.S. dollars! But for real ya'll...

$17,310.00!!!!

That is the total amount Lance and I have raised this year for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We are honestly FLOORED by all the support from you guys!

My total raised as an Honoree for the Taste of Finest event last Friday was $10,230.00. If you add that to the $7,030.00 we raised for Great Strides in May, it equals over $17,000 to the Arkansas Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for 2014. WOW!




Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Whether you donated $20 or $500, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the support. This past year has been tough with receiving his CF diagnosis and redefining what our life as a family looks like. We had to let certain expectations go, and that can be hard. We, without a doubt, feel so uplifted and so loved and I want everyone to know that the loving and caring and generosity that each of you has shown us has been the reason we can face this disease head on.

Truly, one of the best moments of my life was this past May at the Great Strides walk. After a winter of being isolated indoors and keeping Crosby unexposed to coughs and colds, not seeing family or friends, so many of you showed up for the walk to not only support us, but meet our little dude for the first time. Before the walk, when we all gathered for a group photo, I stepped out in front to see the group as a whole and to show Crosby all his "fans." I literally had to choke back the tears when I turned around to look at that group. I saw a group of people who care about my son, care about his life and showed up to say, "we're with you." I was so touched.

Thank you for being with us. Thank you for $17,310.00.

So many friends, family and colleagues also came on Friday night. I didn't get to talk to everyone as much as I would have liked, but I really appreciate you all coming. I hope the event was fun and that everyone got enough to eat and drink. Taste of the Finest raised over $100,000.00!!!! Thank you for being a part of that.

I do need to thank the folks who sponsored me:


Central Arkansas Water - Carmen Smith Table Sponsor
Glover Truck and Trailer Sales - Carmen Smith Honoree Sponsor
DataPath, Inc.
Chris and Stephanie Cathey
Team Bass
Jeff and Sherrie Smith
Sysco Foods
Nestle Waters
Jim Fore
John and Carol Spenst

I was not the top fundraiser for Taste of the Finest, but I came in a close second. Being first wasn't the point and I was honestly surprised by the amount we raised. I didn't get photos of everyone, but I tried!


Uncle Scott, John, Nat, Jeff, Carey and Aunt T

Sammy, Angelica, and Rick

Kathleen, Valerie, Kelly, and Robert

Erick, Amanda, Heidi and Jacob


Trey, Aclin, Bass and Lance

Kate, Carmen, Natalie and Angelica

Stephen and Liz

Misty and Keith

John and Nat

Nanny and Uncle Randy


While this was our last CF fundraiser for this year, we will back soon asking for more support for next year. My hope is that the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the lives it touches has found a way into your hearts and that  each of you continue to support Crosby by supporting the Foundation in the coming years. Keep coming back and keep helping us fight for a cure. 

This guy needs you:




We'll kick start next year's Great Strides campaign around Christmas. If you have not had a chance to donate this year and would still like to, you can do so here:

https://www.cff.org/GetInvolved/ManyWaysToGive/Donate/index.cfm

Love,

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs